Sunday, October 23, 2011

Shopping For Sports Balls!!

WOW, what an amazing weekend!! It all started Friday when I jumped into the car after school and my mom told me about Margret, and her condition, and I knew at that moment that I needed to take on the challenge of raising the funds.

And we were fully funded for Ukraine too!!
Right as we got home from picking my brother up, I jumped onto the computer to write, knowing that I also was going to be shopping for sports balls for the kids in Ukraine later that night.We didn't get into the car until 8:00pm, we shopped at our local sports store for almost an hour, and ended up with 23 balls, 2 pumps, 2 nets, and a few boxes of Pump Needles!
I was soo happy we were able to send so much to the kids in Ukraine, it felt soo good to push around an overloaded cart and have people ask what its all for!!! Their reaction was a little bit of shock mixed with a big smile, and a "Good Job!".
The next day I was super busy,  I had ballet in the morning, and our Annual Cousin's Halloween party at night. I was at the party when my mom came up to me to tell me that we were already halfway to our goal for Margret!! I was extremely surprised, I WAS NOT expecting to raise so much money in a little over 24 hours!! We didn't end up coming home until 12:30 at night (or should I say, Morning!).

This morning I was woken up at 7:15am by my mom telling me I had raised $1,861 for Margret. I quickly...OK....well slowly 'cuz I was going on few hours of sleep...made my way downstairs and blogged about our success. 2 hours later we made our goal. Wow, amazing.

I left for church feeling great, I had just raised $2,000 for a sweet girl in Zambia who needed life saving surgery, how many teens can say that?! I knew that this was God's plan for me, helping orphans around the world, that this is what I'm supposed to be doing.

I just finished deflating the 23 balls and packaged them up to be shipped to Rachael on Tuesday. I can't wait!! The kids in Ukraine will be soo excited to see all of their new sports balls that they get to play with!!!
Thank you all so much who helped my Score A Goal 4 Ukraine fundraiser be such a big success! I couldn't have done it with out you!!!
Stay tuned for the drawing for the exclusive Orphan Lifeguard item, that will still be held on November 1st! I can't wait!! What an exciting weekend ... and MONTH!

No comments: